WordPress published the implementation of long waited functionality to upload and use themes plus plugins to WordPress.com. If you download or buy a WordPress theme or plugin, you can upload it to your WordPress.com website.
People love WordPress because it’s completely customizable. By support for plugins and third-party themes, WordPress.com business customers may be able to add their websites to best email and social media tools, e-commerce, publishing and support services and much more.
How to Add Themes and Plugins to WordPress.com
As uploading the wanted themes and plugins you require following some steps. Remark that the option is not free and you can use it only if you have WordPress.com business account.
Register yourself and start a business account at WordPress.com. The cost is $24.92 per month.
- Select the best WordPress theme and plugins for your website.
- Upload them to your WordPress.com account.
- Start to customize the theme and setup plugins.
- It is simple to upload themes and plugins to WordPress.com, the same as WordPress.org, but in this case, you don’t require a hosting account or to setup the WordPress script to your personal hosting or server.
1. Start a Business Account at WordPress.com
If you don’t require to install and setup WordPress on your personal hosting then you can register for a business account at WordPress.com. Click “Start with Business,” which involves installing themes and plugin functionality.
2. How to Choose the Best WordPress Theme or Plugin
The WordPress market is loaded with free and excellent themes and plugins. We suggest you select simply from trusted providers with expertise in the industry and with a good support.
You can use available plugins downloaded straight from WordPress.org, for example, a helpful Maintenance Mode plugin or a premium WordPress theme provided by 5-star rating companies as is StrictThemes on Themeforest.
3. Upload a Theme and Plugins to Your WordPress.com Account
Next, you download or purchase plugins or themes you should upload them to WordPress.com. Go to your WordPress.com dashboard and add the plugin or theme. Click the “Add” button to upload resources.
4. Setup Plugins and Customize the Theme
Next, you install the theme or plugin you have to setup and customize them, because there is not a plugin in the business which can enhance website functionality without any small setup steps. Put your website in maintenance mode and start the modifications. Later you finish the setup you can disable the maintenance mode plugin and publish your website.
This is simply how we can upload theme and plugins on wordpress.